Below are some frequently asked questions about GoodspeedRent. If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Rent a device on www.goodspeedrent.com by clicking ➪Book Now or by choosing the continent you’re traveling to from the options to proceed to choose from country destinations.
2. How do I pick up a device?
Pick up a device from one of Dna Store locations. Find your closest location from a list in connection with the reservation form online: Espoo Sello, Helsinki Kaivokatu,Helsinki Itis, Jyväskylä Kauppakatu, Kuopio Aapeli, Oulu Torikatu, Pori Itäpuisto, Tampere Koskikeskus, Turku Hansa, Vantaa, Jumbo.
The device can also be delivered straight to you (currently available only in Finland). When ordering delivery, make sure to book at least 3 days before you travel to ensure the device gets to you in time.
3. How do I return a device?
Return the device to the same Dna Store location where it was picked up: Espoo Sello, Helsinki Kaivokatu,Helsinki Itis, Jyväskylä Kauppakatu, Kuopio Aapeli, Oulu Torikatu, Pori Itäpuisto, Tampere Koskikeskus, Turku Hansa, Vantaa, Jumbo.
You can also return the device by mail (return by mail avaible only in Finland).
4. How can I add multiple countries to my booking?
When selecting destinations to your booking from the country list, click + Add to booking to add more countries to your reservation before proceeding to the checkout page.
5. Which credit card can I use for payment?
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Apple Pay, Android Pay
6. When can I pick up my Goodspeed rental device?
You can pick up the device the day before the rental period starts, or on the starting day.
7. When can I switch on the device? / When can I start using the device?
The device will automatically seek to connect to the local network when it is switched on. To avoid a DAYPASS charge from your departure country, switch on the device once you have reached your destination.
8. When do I return the device?
You can return the device on the last day of the rental period, or the following day.
9. Is there a minimum number of days for a rental?
The shortest rental period is 3 days.
10. Is there a maximum number of days for a rental?
No, there is no maximum rental period.
11. What is a Goodspeed 4G device?
Goodspeed 4G hotspot is a portable router that converts the local mobile network into a private and secure Wi-Fi network of your own.
12. How do I connect my devices (mobile phone, tablet, computer) to the Goodspeed personal Wi-Fi?
Simply select the Goodspeed network on your devices Wi-Fi settings, and enter the password.
13. Where do I find the name of my Wi-Fi network?
Toggle the MENU button on the right side of the device to see the network name on the screen of the Goodspeed 4G device.
14. Where do I find the password to my Goodspeed device?
Toggle the MENU button on the right side of the device to see the Wi-Fi network name and password.
15. How many devices can I connect to my Goodspeed Wi-Fi network?
Goodspeed 4G hotspot provides a connection for up to 15 devices (14 Wi-Fi, 1 USB)
16. What do the LED lights on the device mean?
4G Hotspot: Flashing blue LED indicates that the device is switched on. Red LED is a sign of low battery.
17. How do I switch the device on?
Press the power button on the left side and hold it for 3 seconds. The device will then turn on.
18. How do I switch the device off?
Keep the power button pressed for 5 seconds continuously to turn off the device.
19. Why does my Goodspeed device turn off automatically?
To improve battery life Goodspeed will automatically go to STANDBY after 10 minutes of inactivity. Press any button to wake up the device.